Saturday, October 26, 2013

Black Sunrise - "White Room" with Tim Gilbert Drum Solo 1979 or 1980

Black Sunrise
 "White Room" 
with Tim Gilbert Drum Solo 
House Party
1979 or 1980

Black Sunrise
Gene Wylee - Vocals / Mark Stone - Guitar / David Carey - Guitar / Kim Calvert - Bass / Tim Gilbert - Drums

Here is "White Room" with a Tim Gilbert drum solo. Remember the days of drum solo's? I thought Tim was a great drummer. One of the best I've seen. He was kind of a jazz type drummer, where as Shannon Anthony (COS) just drummed way tooo much for my tastes & David Cristofaro was the steady beat kind of drummer. I always dig the basic steady beat kinda drummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a party I believe I remember well. First let me say that Tim was the best drummer I have ever had the pleasure to play with. You are right he is a jazz drummer and to my recollection 3 time California High School State Champion or something like that (its a little fuzzy so sorry Tim if I didn't get that 100% right). If this is not the first time Tim had done this I will at least say a little something about the 1st time although I believe this to be the 1st time. This party is at Dirk's house in Anaheim. Sorry Dirk I don't recall your last name but Dirk went on to marry Dan Rice's sister Maryanne and they were married for a while. I remember Tim doing this solo partly with sticks but does everyone realize that a lot of this recorded solo was done with his hands and no sticks. Tim would start out with sticks in hand but lay them down and continue on via John Bonham style. Yes Tim was awesome drummer and we would not have been the same without him.
Kim