Friday, October 18, 2013

Mark Stone & Dave Simms - 33 year Reunion at Rizzi's Pizza Cafe August 2013



Mark Stone & Dave Simms 
 33 year Reunion at
 Rizzi's Pizza Cafe 
Arlington, TN
August 2013

Here is a couple of great photos of Mark & Dave getting togther recently. 33 years later.  I was telling David Carey this fairly recently.  Some friends you see, no matter how long later it feels like no time has passed between you. Thanks Mark and Dave for sharing these great photos.
I remember this T shirt. It was givin out to the roadies. I proudly wore one for awhile but sadly had to give it back because I moved and couldn't get to alot of shows.  I'm crossing my fingers that Mark Stone sends in some scans of some Black Sunrise photos. 

Here is a great email I received from Mark Stone back in January of this year.

"Ed, wow blast from the past, I saw your website and about cried, brings back some ole times, I want to get some pictures to you, when black sunrise broke up (I joined the Navy) I was given our photo album,  its full of pictures and I think some JAAMES DEAN flyers or some stuff I will scan it and get it to you if you would like, thanks for the walk down memory lane, I retired from the navy in 2010, about thirty years, I live in Tenn, just north of Memphis, I think Dave Simms lives out here some place, I am gonna try and look him up. I still play guitar, was in a few bands while I was in the navy, but with work and kids, it takes a backseat, but I still play, more traditional blues than anything, kinda going down the Albert King, Ronnie Earl thing..anyway, I have started a dialog, I hope to hear from you all, take care my old friends." 
Mark Stone

I haven't asked yet but I sure hope Mark has some audio or video of his music since the Black Sunrise days.  I would love to hear it. 

No comments: