Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mark Stone - Update Letter & Photos January 2013

  "Ed, wow blast from the past, I saw your website and about cried, brings back some ole times, I want to get some pictures to you, when black sunrise broke up (I joined the Navy) I was given our photo album,  its full of pictures and I think some JAAMES DEAN flyers or some stuff I will scan it and get it to you if you would like, thanks for the walk down memory lane, I retired from the navy in 2010, about thirty years, I live in Tenn, just north of Memphis, I think Dave Simms lives out here some place, I am gonna try and look him up. I still play guitar, was in a few bands while I was in the navy, but with work and kids, it takes a backseat, but I still play, more traditional blues than anything, kinda going down the Albert King, Ronnie Earl thing..anyway, I have started a dialog, I hope to hear from you all, take care my old friends" Mark Stone


Mark Stone 
 Update Letter
 January 2013


Here's a great letter I received from a great friend and ex - Black Sunrise guitarist Mark Stone. It's absolutely fantastic to hear from friends I haven't spoken to in years. I'm still crossing my fingers on getting Mark's photos posted on this site. I'm also trying to get him to send in some of his music he has done since The Black Sunrise days. 

 Mark Stone with Bianca and Brooke
This photo made me wonder if Mark's kids know what a huge star he is.  
Mark Stone
at Talladega Superspeedway, Alabama

No comments: