Friday, November 22, 2013

The Cone Of Silence - Concert Handbill May 6th 1983

The Cone Of Silence
Opening for
The Dream Syndicate
 Concert Handbill 
Radio City
Anaheim, CA
May 6th 1983

The Cone Of Silence
David Carey - Guitar / T. Geier - Bass & Vocals / Brian Henry - Guitar & Vocals / Shannon Anthony - Drums

The Best band I ever seen play on the same bill with one of my friends' bands was this one from May 1983 at Radio City in Anaheim.  The Dream Syndicate! I was a roadie that night.  I felt pretty lucky because they were only allowed a couple of people.  I'm quite sure it was me and John Sanders that night.  I remember The Cone Of Silence playing good that night and The Dream Syndicate playing amazing. I wish I had a audio tape of that. I found one from the next night at The Country Club in Reseda but haven't come across this one. Below is a video of The Dream Syndicate from January 1983 at  Club Lingerie in Hollywood.  


The Dream Syndicate
"Tell Me When It's Over"
"Still Holding On To You"
Club Lingerie
Hollywood, CA
January 1983

The Dream Syndicate
Steve Wynn - Guitar & Vocals / Dennis Duck - Drums / Karl Precoda - Guitar / Kendra Smith - Bass

The Cone Of Silence played at Cathay De Grande in Hollywood opening for Top Jimmy & The Rhythm Pigs.  I don't have a handbill for that and I'm not sure of the date.  I don't have any great memories of that one. I mostly remember the low ceiling and having to walk down a few stairs to get to the dumpy place.  Top Jimmy was immoralized in a Van Halen Song. Named "Top Jimmy" from their 1984 album. 

 Top Jimmy & The 
Rhythm Pigs with David Lee Roth at The Cathay De Grande 1981

No comments: