Saturday, November 8, 2014

John Young - "Words" Demo 2005

John Young 
 "Words"
(John Darrell Young)
Demo
2005
 
copyright 2005 John Darrell Young
 
I got this song from our dear friend John.
 "another song done in my studio . all instruments and  vocals on all my demos are me"
 
 
 
Hmmmmm..... I listened to this one a few times. The song  "Right Where She Left Me" got me from the first play. This one it's a good song but I don't know if I'd go all light acoustic on it or .....
 
 
 
Anyways John I have been thinking a lot about you lately. I work at Vons grocery store and we have music played and there is about 3 songs I really want to get. I have only been able to find one of the songs so far.
 
The song is called "She Walks Away" by Phil Dutra.
 
 
Below is what I found out about this guy. This guy is a unsigned artist. Yet each day he's heard by millions of people. John, I think you should record "Right Where She Left Me" a little better and shop it around to these services like this guy. Now he has another song being placed in a Kate Hudson movie.     

I’m kind of a big deal in Walgreens, and Kroger…and a store called Meijer!

There is a great website, based in Amsterdam, called Tribe of Noise. They are, first and foremost, about the music and the music community that they have created. They have also been very successful at in store placement for their artists throughout the world. I have been lucky to have some of my songs placed through this service. Also, here in the U.S., CDBaby has placed my songs in hundreds of retail shops all over the country. It is a great way to get my music heard, since terrestrial radio play is nearly impossible for an unsigned artist to get.
What has been great about this is the feedback I’ve been getting on my youtube channel. People who hear the songs, especially “She Walks Away,” have been searching for it online and finding it on youtube. They are leaving the best comments! Here are a few of them:


Bob Chomos
They play this song on the Safeway music network overnights and I had to find out who sang it. I love it! I’ll have to check out more songs from you!”


LeAnna Otis
“Found it!!! This plays at work (Walgreens) all the time, and I wanted to find it. Finally did! We all love the song, and bust out singing whenever it comes on. Customers and all!! Great song :)”

No comments: