Saturday, October 19, 2013

Anxietea - Party Handbill May 2nd 1981

Anxietea
 Party Handbill 
May 2nd 1981

Anxietea
David Carey Guitar / John Young Guitar Vocals / David Simms Bass / David Cristofaro Drums

Here's a Anxietea party handbill. Here's what David Cristofaro  said of the band's timeline. "Our first party was on Dave Carey's 19th Birthday Jan 2, 1981 and we played together until November of 1981...we were done shortly after my daughter was born Sept 16 1981."  David Cristofaro.

I remember the summer of 1981 being one of the funnest I ever had.  I spent a good portion of it in Anaheim crashing at my Brother's or Tony Zamora's or Jim Maxfield's or David Carey's place.  I remember one week Anxietea played 3 or 4 shows in one week.  They were so much fun. Looking back I'd compare them to The Faces. Just a Rock & Roll party. Nothing serious of heavy. Just have a good time.   

No comments: