Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Untold Fables - Band Photos Early 1985




  
The Untold Fables 
 Band Photos 
The Carey Family Room
Early 1985

The Untold Fables
Paul Carey Vocals / Jon Niederbrach Guitar / Robert Butler Bass / Paul Sakry Drums

The Untold Fables posing and rehearsing in The Carey family room.  I spent 1000's of hours in that room watching Black Sunrise, Anxietea and The Cone Of Silence rehearse. David & Paul's parents were incredibly nice. Their Mom was always so sweet and their Father is this really hip looking 1950's Jazz Beatnik guy.  I remember him always walking out the door with a bunch of jazz records under his arm.  Awhile back I asked Paul about his Father and he said "
My dad was a DJ in the '50s first (before my time) and then again in the '80s on KLON 88.1 in Long Beach (what is now K-Jazz)." In that room was the "holy grail" of records.  I used to dig through them finding the most amazing things. I would be like... "Paul, can I borrow this and that..." Kindly he'd always say yes. 



No comments: